Mission of the Eurasian Coalition on Male Health
The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health is a network of organizations and activists working in the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia. We aim to create favourable conditions to ensure that men who have sex with men and transgender people have access to evidence based and human rights oriented services in the field of sexual and reproductive health, including HIV prevention and treatment.
We work in the countries of EECA to ensure that:
- Gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM), and transgender (trans*) people have the opportunity to timely seek treatment and support in the areas of sexual, reproductive, and mental health, without having to hide their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- The level of stigma towards MSM and trans* people decreases, especially among sexual, reproductive, and psychological health service providers.
- MSM-service organizations recognize the importance of human rights in the HIV response and LGBT organizations include sexual and reproductive health issues in their work.
- Governmental, non-governmental, and international organizations and private-sector stakeholders partner up to build health service systems for MSM and trans* people. Representatives of MSM service- and LGBT organizations should be included in coordinating and working structures at the international and national levels.
- The legal framework and political climate are, at a minimum, supportive of creating conditions favorable to MSM/trans*-service and LGBT organizations. MSM and trans* people should also be included as key populations in national HIV programs. A comprehensive packet of services for MSM and trans* people should be introduced in the majority of EECA countries. HIV prevention and treatment services for MSM and trans* people should be consistently provided with resources, including funding from the national budget(s).
- A comprehensive system of monitoring and evaluation of the HIV epidemic is developed, including an evaluation of the quality of community participation in the HIV response.
ECOM’s Strategic Plan for 2017-2021 on russian can be found here.
ECOM’s statute or Articles of Association can be viewed here.