ECOM is looking for a consultant for Development of a training module for public employees on reducing stigma and discrimination against gay men and trans* people.
The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) is an association of organizations, groups and activists in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA), advocating for improved access of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender people (TG) to evidence-based and human rights oriented services in the field of sexual and reproductive health, including HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
ECOM unites the efforts of all stakeholders at cross-country level in Eastern Europe and Central Asia to create favorable conditions for all gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men and all trans* people to have access to evidence-based and human rights-oriented health services, including HIV prevention and treatment. You can find more information about ECOM at our website www.ecom.ngo
Since 2017 ECOM implements the Regional Program “Right to Health”.
The goal of the program is to contribute to an increased uptake and retention across the continuum of HIV care for MSM and trans* people in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
One of the objectives of the regional program is to strengthen enabling environments for HIV services for MSM and trans* people, through fighting stigma and discrimination, promoting and protecting human rights, and removing legal and policy barriers.
Within this objective it is planned to train public employes on human rights issues. ECOM will strengthen its efforts on creating the training module on reducing stigma and discrimination against gay men, other MSM and trans* people imparted by public employees, including officials, health care workers, law enforcement, etc.
Later there will be conducted regional training of trainers (TOT) to prepare national-level trainers by using developed training module.
Later traing module can be adapted to country context by subrecipients (SR).
TASKS FOR CONSULTANT:
- To develop a training module for public employees on reducing stigma and discrimination against gay men, other MSM and trans* people in EECA region in English or Russian, including separate training lessons (for up to 1 day each) for public officials, health care workers and law enforcement.
- Prepare presentations and handout materials for trainings in Russian or English, respectively.
TIME FRAME OF WORK
The work should be started no later than October 1, 2017 and completed by November 15, 2017.
The first draft of the training module in Russian or English should be prepared and sent to ECOM no later than October 15, 2017.
Comments on the 1st draft will be provided within 5 working days by the representatives of ECOM secretariat.
The report on the work performed should be prepared and sent to ECOM no later than 5 working days after the end of the contract.
SPECIFIC TASKS FOR CONSULTANT
- Training module for public employees on reducing stigma and discrimination against gay men, other MSM and trans* people in EECA region in English or Russian, including separate training lessons (for up to 1 day each) for public officials, health care workers and law enforcement is prepared.
- Presentations (Power Point) for each training lesson are prepared.
- Accompanying training materials (presentations, handouts) are archived (zip).
- Consultant report: 1 – 2 pages (А-4, Times New Roman, Font size 11) is prepared.
The main contact person for the contractor will be ECOM’s Human Rights and Legal Issues Officer. Contact e-mail email@example.com. He will also conduct monitoring and make final assessment of work.
REWARD AND COMPENSATION
A service contract will be signed between the consultant and the EСOM, according to which ECOM will not be liable for the payment of any taxes by the consultant. The consultant does all the necessary taxes and other payments by the law of the country of his/her/their residence.
Period for performance should not exceed 10 days.
REQUIREMENTS TO THE CONSULTANT:
- Experience in developing and creating training modules during the last three years
- Good skills in preparation and conducting trainings on topics of stigma and discrimination based on SOGI
- Good command skills of English or Russian
- Work experience with NGOs, working in the field of HIV and/or sexual health
- Relevant education
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the letterhead “ECOM Training module for public officials”
Deadline for submission: September 19, 2017 at 23:59 EET.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Information about company background or CV for individuals;
- Brief proposal with budget (Euro);
- No less than two previously designed relevant training modules (links or attached documents);
- Contact of at least two persons who can recommend you
APPLICATIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Brief concepts of the proposed module
Application materials are non-returnable. Thank you for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.