Procedure for Joining ECOM
Candidates for ECOM membership should submit a signed, free-form application, in which they must indicate:
– for organizations and group initiatives – name of the organization or group and name of the representative applying to ECOM,
– for individuals – full name ,
– contact information (address, e-mail address, telephone),
Candidates must also provide an explanation of their motivation for becoming an ECOM member.
The following documents must be attached with the application:
1) a copy of the certificate of registration (You may obscure the registration number)
2) information about the organization’s work (Description, Annual Report, Brochure, etc.)
3) Power of Attorney to represent the interests of the organization (in cases where the representative applying to ECOM is not the head of the organization).
For unregistered group initiatives
1) documentary evidence of the existence of the group (link to website, copy of any articles referencing the group, etc),
2) information about the group’s work (report, description, etc.),
3) Power of Attorney to represent the group’s interests (minutes from any group meetings).
1) proof of identity (passport, etc. – you may obscure personal ID numbers)
2) description of activities related to the health of gays, MSM, and/or transgender people (you may include this in the application itself or attach a biography or CV).
In the application, it is also necessary to note that, if an applicant is approved, he or she consents to the publication of the following information:
- a) for organizations and group initiatives – name and contact infromation: address, e-mail address, and telephone (a copy of the certificate of registration will not be published);
- b) for individuals – full name, city and country of residence and e-mail address (clearly personal data, such as one’s address, copy of one’s passport, etc. will not be published).
Please send completed applications to: email@example.com
The Steering Committee considers new applications once a month. Applicants will be notified once the Steering Committee has made a decision on their application.