Within this Call for Proposals, ECOM invites community-based organizations and initiative groups from the countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine) to submit proposals that aim to increase the advocacy capacity of underserved LGBT sub-groups of trans* people, HIV-positive gay and bisexual men and trans* people, and MSM and trans* sex workers.
Deadline – 14 August 2017
Small Grants program is held under the regional program “Right to Health” with the financial support of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
The Goal of the Small Grants Program is to increase the advocacy capacity of underserved LGBT sub-groups, experiencing stigma on multiple bases related to their HIV status, gender identity and/or involvement in sex work – and namely, a) trans* people, b) HIV-positive gay and bisexual men and trans* people, and c) MSM and trans* sex workers.
Within this Call for Proposals will be supported NGOs and initiative groups in implementing the projects that enable:
- To strengthen the advocacy capacity of community-based organizations that represent and/or engage underserved subgroups of MSM/Trans* communities to advocate for availability of HIV services
- To facilitate evaluation of the sexual health and HIV-related needs of these sub-groups and reduce the negative impact of the HIV epidemic on them
Projects’ activities supported within this Small Grants Program can include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Educational activities (seminars, workshops, training sessions, development of training manuals, etc.);
- Capacity building and organizational development;
- Advocacy activities including media campaigns etc.;
- Research and analysis;
- Data collection on stigma and discrimination and human rights violations in public sector.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY the full description of the Call for Proposals here:
If you have questions related to the Call content, please contact ECOM Legal Issues Advocacy Officer Yuri Yoursky at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical questions regarding the filling out of the application shall be sent to ECOM Grant Manager Olga Chemiya at email@example.com
Download the CALL FOR PROPOSALS and the ANNEXES to application in one zip file here:
Application deadline is 14 August 2017, 23:59 EET (Eastern European Time).
Applications should be submitted via https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ecomsmallgrants
With support from