Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) is soliciting proposals from consultants to develop an online training module on fundraisingwithin ECOM’s Regional Program “Right to Health”. More information on the regional program at www.ecom.ngo
Eurasian Coalition on Male Health is an international non-governmental association, located in Tallinn, Estonia. We are a membership based association open for nonprofits and individuals acting in the field of sexual health, including HIV issues, for gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) and trans* people, in the region of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA).
In January 2017, ECOM has launched the Regional Program “Right to Health” with support from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. The regional program aims at increasing the access to HIV services for MSM and trans* people in the five target countries: Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, and Macedonia.
Description of Services required
ECOM is seeking expert’s assistance for implementation of following objectives:
- Development of the online basic training module on fundraising.
- Development a set of slides that can be used for development and conduction of a webinar or off-line basic-level training on fundraising.
The online training module is a technical support tool that aimed at increasing basic knowledge of LGBT community activists, employees and volunteers of recently established and/or small local community organizations on fundraising. The training module has to be developed in Russian and English languages, be user-friendly, based on examples from work of existing LGBT and HIV-service organizations and help the target audience to increase their knowledge of following topics (this list can be changed upon suggestions from the consultant):
- What types of resources existing those community activists and local community based organizations can get for their work?
- How to calculate, what type of resources is needed and in what amount?
- How and where local community activists and NGOs can get these resources (public and non-governmental grants, scholarships, crowdfunding, volunteers, self-sufficiency and so on; list of funds, crowdfunding platforms, social networks for engaging volunteers and so on)?
- Cases/examples of successful raising funds by LGBT organizations.
- Practical tools (check-lists) to assess quality of a grant application, a crowdfunding call, or a call for volunteers.
- A list of Russian and English language resources (manuals and books, presentations, posters, groups in social networks, mailing lists, trainings/courses and so on) that can be of use for further improvement of community activists’ and LGBT organizations employees’ knowledge and skills in fundraising.
In addition to a written narrative text, information from the module has to be provided in form of a set of slides those will be of use for development of webinars and/or off-line trainings on fundraising.
All work has to be completed by October 1st, 2017.
The work has to start not later than August 1st.
The 1st draft of the module and slides is expected to be ready and sent for comments to ECOM by August 24th.
Comments to the first draft will be provided in 7 working days.
Finalization of the module and slides in line with ECOM feedback has to be accomplished by September 11th.
The module and slides in Russian and English have to be provided to ECOM by September 25th.
Deliverables and Evaluation
- The online module on fundraising is developed (both in Russian and English). Along with narrative text the module includes a set of slides those can be used for development and conduction of webinars and off-line basic-level training on fundraising.
The module (excluding the slides) has to be of 25-30 author’s pages long (1 author page equals to 1800 symbols with spaces).
The set of slides has to contain from 12 to 15 slides.
- A list of Russian and English language resources (manuals and books, presentations, posters, groups in social networks, mailing lists, trainings/courses and so on) those can be of use for further improvement of community activists’ and employees’ of LGBT community organizations knowledge and skills in fundraising.
- Report on consultancy process and results.
All work has to be done in Russian and English excluding the report on the consultancy result that has to be prepared and submitted in one language (English or Russian) only.
The main ECOM focal point for consultant(s) under this consultancy is ECOM Technical Support Coordinator. Also Technical Support Coordinator will monitor and evaluate of the consultant(s) work and make final conclusions on quality of the work executed.
Remuneration and Compensation
Amount of remuneration is a matter of negotiation between ECOM and consultant(s) before signing the agreement.
ECOM will sign a consultancy agreement with consultant(s). ECOM is not taking any responsibilities for paying any taxes for consultant(s).
- Experience of providing technical assistance to NGOs during last 3 years.
- Advanced skills in fundraising.
- Advanced skills in writing of educational materials.
- Advanced skills in developing and conduction of on-line and/or off-line trainings.
- Experience of NGOs capacity assessment and planning of NGO capacity building.
- Good knowledge of Russian and English.
- Working experience with NGOs, especially HIV-service, LGBT organizations working with men, having sex with men and trans* people.
ECOM will consider applications from individuals. Interested applicants must submit their applications by email with a reference ‘Consultancy for Online Training Module on Fundraising’ at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: July 23th, 2017, 23:59 EET.
Applications should include:
- A Cover Letter and CV outlining experience in conducting similar work.
- Brief proposal (2 page max) outlining timetable and budget (number of days and daily rate).
Application materials are non-returnable.
Thank you for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information, prospective consultants may contact Gennady Roshchupkin, ECOM Technical Support Coordinator, at email@example.com