IS EXTENDED THROUGH 2 APRIL 2017
Regional project “Money Can Buy Health If You Budget For It” is supported by Robert Carr civil society Networks Fund (RCNF) and implemented by the Eurasian Regional Consortium which brings together three regional networks: Eurasian Harm Reduction Network (EHRN), addressing needs of people who use drugs (PWUD); Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM), addressing needs of gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM), and of transgender people and the East Europe and Central Asia Union of People Living with HIV (ECUO), addressing the needs of people living with HIV (PLWH).
While EHRN is the general project lead for the donor, ECOM is as the internal lead agency for the project in 2017.
The consortium collaborates with and builds capacity of inadequately served populations (ISP) communities in EECA to advocate governments and donors to invest in services along the HIV care continuum that ISP prioritize themselves.
The consortium has built the capacity of ISP community-based organizations via learning-by-doing approach to assess and prioritize HIV services and to estimate current and required expenditures for the HIV response. Such assessments that were carried out by the communities are the key to follow up community-driven budget advocacy for resource allocation and spending, which will be launched in the second year of the project and enhanced through on-going technical support and peer-to-peer exchange of best practices. ISP in countries through small grants have carried out assessments in year 1 of the project, and will advocate and monitor budgeting of services that they prioritize in years 2 and 3. The consortium will advocate for resource mobilization and accountability of HIV spending at the regional and global levels.
This Call for Proposals is aimed at identifying consortia of community organizations from
Estonia, Armenia, and Kyrgyzstan
that are the target countries of the regional project “Money Can Buy Health If You Budget For It”.
Each consortium is expected to be comprised of three community based organizations in each country. In each consortium, one organization should represent PWUD, one should represent community of PLWH and yet another – community of MSM and/or transgender people.
One joint consolidated application should be submitted from an applicant consortium (see application form).
Applications from national consortia will be reviewed by an independent expert group selected by the three organizations forming the Eurasian Regional Consortium.
Expected Activities of National Consortia
Activities of the proposed consortia projects shall fall under two main objectives of the project:
Objective 1: To develop the capacity of communities of PWUD, PLWH, and MSM and transgender people to advocate for the availability and sustainability of services that meet their needs.
Objective 2: To advocate for strategic, sufficient and sustainable investments in responses to HIV, which address needs of PWUD, MSM and transgender people and PLHIV.
Selected consortia of local community organizations will be responsible for:
- Support, both within the program and after it ends, of advocacy by the community of PWUD, PLWH and MSM and transgender people for sufficient, strategic and sustainable investments in HIV care continuum services in their country.
- Building capacity of community groups to enhance their potential to advocate for access to HIV care continuum services
- Build advocacy capacity and regular communication within community organizations and initiative groups
We ask to establish in each country a formal consortium from the three community organizations and increase coordination and cooperation between them. These organizations often target the same national or regional stakeholders, but lack strategic vision on joint advocacy needs for achieving access to and sustainability of HIV service continuum for communities’ members.
We define the following activities as the scope of work of national consortia:
- Translate services and investment assessment reports into new advocacy strategies / or add to existing ones;
- Create and coordinate in country community coordination platforms;
- Implement joint and individual member advocacy initiatives to improve access to and sustainability of HIV care continuum services.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FULL DESCRIPTION OF THE CALL FOR PROPOSALS HERE:
or at the link http://goo.gl/V3hzCI
If you have questions related to selection criteria and community-related requests, please contact:
- For PLWH community organizations: Andrey Agafonov, ECUO at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For community organizations of MSM and transgender people: Paata Sabelashvili, ECOM at email@example.com
- For PWUD community organizations: Daniel Kashnitsky, EHRN at firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION FORM, including a list of required attachments is AVAILABLE HERE:
Technical questions regarding the filling out of the application shall be sent to ECOM’s Grant Manager Olga Chemiia email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE is 02 April 2017, 23:59 EET.
Applications should be submitted at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can download the Call for Proposals and the Application Form in one zip archive here: