at the Eurasian Coalition on Male Health
The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health is an association of organizations, groups and activists in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, advocating for improved access of men who have sex with men and transgender people to evidence-based and human rights oriented services in the field of sexual health, including HIV prevention and treatment.
Description of Role
The role of the Communications Officer is to facilitate internal and external communication, and to increase public awareness, visibility and positive recognition of ECOM.
The Communications Officer is responsible for implementing the organization’s communication strategy, developing materials and public relations activities, creating tailored and aligned messages to ECOM’s diverse audience: communities, other civil society partners, healthcare experts and officials, researchers, decision makers, donors, media and others.
- Development and implementation of ECOM’s Communication Strategy to ensure active positive visibility of the Coalition;
- Management of production of ECOM’ printed and electronic materials and publications;
- Development, organization and conduction of the information campaigns and events, including press conferences, press briefings etc.;
- Securing qualitative online presence of ECOM through its web site, social media, etc.;
- Ensuring media support of ECOM’s main activities;
- Regular Communication Strategy to ensure active positive visibility of the Coalition.
Specific Tasks of the position
- Creation and distribution of the news on ECOM’s activities, together with other Program staff;
- Maintenance of ECOM’s listserv, web site and social media and facilitation of discussions;
- Development of the concepts of printed and electronic information materials and publications,
- Ensuring compliance of materials and press events with ECOM’s Communication Strategy, ECOM’s Identity Manual, the rules and requirements of donors/partners;
- Ensuring translation of ECOM’s materials when necessary;
- Relevant support to other staff at ECOM;
- Technical support to the national level events when necessary (development of campaigns, communication with partners, preparation and distribution of the press releases and announcements);
- Creation and maintenance of the data base of the regional and international media;
- Conduction of media monitoring and analysis;
- Other relevant duties as required.
Qualifications for the position
- University degree in public relation, communications, journalism is an advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing public relations / communications / social marketing activities.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills;
- Ability to collaborate on multiple concurrent projects;
- Web communications skills;
- Design and photo-editing software skills a plus;
- Excellence in written and spoken Russian and English languages, knowledge of Estonian is an asset;
- Knowledge and understanding of the situation with HIV among gay men and transgender people in EECA is an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send:
- CV and cover letter with salary requirements
- contact details of up to three references
- examples of information materials developed
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
04 April 2017, 23:59 Eastern European Time.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.