The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) is an association of organizations, groups and activists in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA), advocating for improved access of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender people (TG) to evidence-based and human rights oriented services in the field of sexual and reproductive health, including HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
ECOM Secretariat is based in Tallinn, Estonia.
General Purpose of the position
ECOM is looking for a Technical Support Coordinator who will manage effective development and implementation of its Technical Support Program and serve as focal point of management, supervision and communication with ECOM’s sub-recipients.
- Development and management of ECOM’s Technical Support (TS) strategy, work plan and budget;
- Management of TS provision including development and delivery of training modules, webinars, TS visits, trainings, peer-to-peer exchange of best practices and other forms of TS provision;
- Management of ECOM’s sub-recipient organizations;
- Supervision of and communication with ECOM’s sub-recipients.
Specific Tasks of the position
- Establishment and management of a pool of ECOM’s technical experts on HIV response among MSM and TG including advocacy, LGBT community mobilization and related issues
- Ongoing communication with ECOM’s sub-recipients, monitoring of programmatic reporting.
- Regular assessment of capacity building needs of ECOM members, other civil society organizations involved in HIV response among MSM and TG in EECA, community leaders;
- Management of systematic documentation and sharing of best practices in HIV response among MSM and TG in EECA;
- Maintaining active communication on relevant issues with ECOM members and partners through social media, web resources and mailing lists;
- Collection and analysis of relevant data, data mapping, needs assessments and surveys to inform ECOM’s TS and advocacy;
- Reporting on the progress of TS Program implementation;
- Serve as the focal point of Sub-Recipients (SRs), maintain on-going communication and cooperative partnerships between ECOM and SRs;
- Check annual / semiannual / quarterly workplans of SRs for consistency with overall program goals and objectives, alignment with donor’s technical and spending requirements, feasibility, and cost-effectiveness;
- Review programmatic reports of sub-recipients, and approve of disbursement requests together with the Grants Officer;
- Conduct field visits to SRs in accordance with the Monitoring and Evaluation plan and in coordination with other staff;
- Assist the Programs Director in the preparation and writing of progress and annual reports, annual workplans, status reports and other documents as requested;
- Other tasks as required.
- Record of previous work experience in project management and provision of technical support;
- Extensive past experience in public health / social sciences / management equivalent of 5 years of working on regional and international level in related positions;
- Experience in writing (reports, articles etc.);
- Excellent Russian and English language speaking and writing skills;
- Experience in developing and conducting training modules and sessions is an asset.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent computer and software skills;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Organizational and coordination skills;
- Multi-tasking, flexibility and ability to adjust to a fast-changing environment;
- High level of interpersonal skills.
Working time: Full-time work
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send a CV, cover letter with salary requirements and contact details of up to three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
17 September 2017, 23:59 Eastern European Time.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.