The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health is an association of organizations, groups and activists in Eastern Europe and Central Asia, advocating for improved access of men who have sex with men and transgender people to evidence-based and human rights oriented services in the field of sexual health, including HIV prevention and treatment.
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Programs Assistant provides effective and efficient support to the Programs Department to ensure smooth program delivery. This includes administrative, logistical and information management assistance, as well as planning and coordination of team activities (meetings, workshops, travel budgets).
Operational and Administrative Support
- Provide assistance in support of programs implementation, including filing programs-related documents and payment requests;
- Maintain and update the Programs Department database;
- Translate working documentation (Russian – English, English – Russian) as required;
- Organize regular team meetings, conference calls/video-conferences, including preparing and distributing documents and arranging necessary technical devices;
- Take minutes of regular team meetings and other meetings with assistance of Program managers as required;
- Process contracts of the consultants per request from other team members, monitor submission of reports and payments;
- Participate in professional development program;
- Performs other related duties.
- Provide travel assistance to the Programs Department team, consultants and event participants;
- Communicate with travel agency to obtain estimated fares and submit payment requests;
- Request visas, if necessary, by contacting appropriate embassies and prepare supporting travel documents.
Workshops and Events
- Directly liaise with logistical agencies to coordinate arrangements for ECOM’s events that take place outside of Estonia (regarding venue, travel, accommodation, meeting rooms, and other relevant logistics);
- Liaise with the organization’s Procurement Officer to coordinate arrangements for ECOM’s events within Estonia (regarding venue, travel, accommodation, meeting rooms, and other relevant logistics);
- Coordinate registration process: contact participants, send invitation, prepare final participants list and act as contact person for the participants.
- Contribute to preparation of the event’s information package and send materials to participants in a timely manner; and
- Assist other team members as required to ensure smooth functioning of event’s activities;
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
University degree. Relevant university degree (public health, social sciences, etc.) is an asset.
2-year working experience in relevant positions
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proven high organizational skills;
- Good command of written and spoken Russian and English, knowledge of Estonian is an asset;
- Strong computer literacy, MS Excel and MS Word, typing skills;
- Positive attitude, easy to work with, should enjoy interacting with teenagers;
- Ability to collaborate on multiple concurrent projects.
- As an advantage will be previous experience in preparation of business trips documents, initial financial requests, financial reports on conducted events; experience in execution of financial documents to conduct payment for consultants’ services.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send:
– CV and cover letter with salary requirements
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
12 June 2017, 23:59 Eastern European Time.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.