ECOM Announces Vacancy of Director of Finances and Administration
Deadline 10 April 2017
The overall role of the Director of Finances and Administration (DFA) is to ensure proper functioning of all financial and administrative processes of the organization. DFA manages finance planning, budgeting and accounting, provides timely financial reports, ensures procurement and contract management, and controls administrative support of the organization’s activities.
Reporting and Communication
DFA reports directly to the Executive Director.
DFA leads a Finances and Administration Team of 3:
- Chief Accountant
- Grants Manager
- Procurement and Administration Manager
FDA works in close cooperation with other staff, particularly Programs Director.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director and Programs Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate quarterly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary financial and business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget vs actual analysis reports,
- Ensure proper preparation of Financial Statements, cash books, list of expenses, bank accounts reconciliations,
- Submit financial reports and send the relevant financial supporting documents in accordance with donor’s requirements
- Overall relations with banks, including negotiations on better conditions,
- Train staff on the financial requirements and procedures,
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Executive Director.
- Oversee management of sub-recipient organizations that implement activities within ECOM programs
- Review and control Sub-Recipients’ finance activities to be sure in transparent proper use of funds received
- Control Sub-Recipients’ financial and narrative reports in order to include into ECOM’s donor reports.
Human Resources and Administration:
- Maintain ECOM’s human resources and administration.
- Ensure transparent collaboration with external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Overall management of the Finances and Administration Team and implementation of KPI strategy for each personnel.
- Communication with donors’ community in order to attract funds for new initiatives and projects
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Masters in Finance / Economics / Financial Management / Accounting / Audit etc;
- At least 5 years of professional experience;
- Working experience with donors and with/in international organizations;
- Proficient in written English; working communication languages are English and Russian.
Skills and Competencies
- Skills in reading and understanding of legal documents and requirements of donor organizations in English and Russian.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and accounting software,
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Organizational and coordination skills;
- Multi-tasking, flexibility and ability to adjust to a fast-changing environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send:
- cover /motivational letter with salary requirements;
- contact details of up to two references.
with subject “Director of Finances and Administration”
Deadline: 10 April 2017