ECOM – Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity is an international non-governmental association, bringing together non-profits and individuals working in the field of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) prevention, treatment, care and support for men who have sex with men and trans* people in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA).
The coalition makes a focus on the engagement of community members in the decision-making processes and organizational activities, uniting the efforts of a wide range of HIV activists and professionals to improve access to prevention and treatment services and create favorable conditions for all gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men and all trans* people to have access to evidence-based and human rights-oriented health services, including HIV prevention and treatment.
The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health is a membership-based association. We invite organizations and individuals from Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia committed to the mission of our organization to apply for ECOM membership.
ECOM does not have any membership fees. However, the organizations and individuals interested in becoming members should be committed to the principles and approaches of the coalition and should comply with provisions of the Articles of Association and resolutions made by the ECOM governing bodies.
If you become a member of ECOM, you:
- will be the first to receive information on male health
- can be included to the roster of experts based on the skills possessed by you or other members of your organization
- will get information about grants, scholarships, calls for proposals and about potentially available funding for your projects
- will participate in small grants program on a competitive basis
- can seek and receive technical and expert assistance
- will be engaged in the dialog with governmental, international and civil society organizations
- will have access to scientific publications
- will be able to take part in training workshops
- will get an opportunity to receive scholarships to attend conferences and workshops
- will take part in the webinars organized by ECOM or its partner organizations
- will take part in the research studies conducted in the region and will get access to the data of studies concerning gay men and MSM in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.