Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) is soliciting proposals from individual consultant to collect and describe best practices of PrEP introduction in the EECA region
Eurasian Coalition on Male Health is an international network of LGBT community organizations and other NGOs working in the area of gay men’s, other MSM’s, and trans people’s sexual health and rights in the region of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA).
ECOM mission is to create favorable conditions to ensure that men who have sexual relations with other men and transgender people have access to services in the field of sexual and reproductive health, mainly to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support, based on respect for their human rights.
One of ECOM targets is to support the introduction of the HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis in the region. With support from ViiV Healthcare foundation and other partners, ECOM realizes a project “PrEPare EECA” which includes such activities as an assessment of the current situation in the region, collection of best practices of PrEP introduction in the region, a regional informational campaign on PrEP, and regional consultation on PrEP.
The main technical background for this project is the WHO recommendations on PrEP of HIV, available online on: https://www.who.int/hiv/pub/prep/prep-implementation-tool/en/
To date, the assessment has been done and available on the ECOM’ web site (https://ecom.ngo/en/library/prep_report/) and the campaign is to be started by the end of June 2019. Best practices collection has to summarize the experience of PrEP introduction in the region and together with the assessment create a frame for the regional consultation.
Description of Services required and Timelines
ECOM is seeking expert assistance to collect and analyze information on the introduction of PrEP of HIV in such countries as Georgia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, and Armenia, and prepare case studies, which have to include a description of initiation of PrEP in a country, and the process of piloting and institutionalization of these services.
The specific content of case studies will be discussed and agreed upon between the consultant and ECOM after signing the contract. Regardless of its content, each case study has to be from 2000 to 3000 words long and written in English or Russian language.
In addition to remuneration, ECOM is ready to organize and cover costs of two travels for a consultant – to Georgia and Ukraine.
- Proven by examples the experience in writing educational materials, articles, brochures, and reports. An applicant has to provide at least three materials where she/he is the main author. At least three corresponding materials developed in the last three years have to be sent as attached to application documents in Word or PDF with a description of where and when each material was developed and published.
- Proven interviewing skills. These skills have to be proven by providing at least three interviews applicant made in the last two years. Corresponding materials or links to the interview placed online have to be provided along with the application.
- Good knowledge of Russian and English languages. Knowledge of Georgian, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Romanian or Armenian languages is an asset.
- Good understanding of the specificity of HIV prevention and care in the EECA region. It can be proven by the story of participation in the work of LGBT and/or HIV-service NGO in the region.
ECOM will consider applications from individuals. Interested people must submit their applications by email referenced under title “PrEP in EECA case studies” at email@example.com
Deadline for submission: June 25, 2019 at 18:00 EET.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter outlining experience in conducting similar work along with CV.
- Brief proposal (1 page) and budget.
Any materials provided within the application are non-returnable.
For more information, prospective consultants may contact Gennady Roshchupkin at firstname.lastname@example.org