ECOM – Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity is soliciting proposals from individual consultants to describe best practices of community engagement of decision making and M&E related to the Global Fund Processes and National AIDS programs in the EECA region
ECOM – Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity is an international network of LGBT community organizations and other NGOs working in the area of gay men’s, other MSM’s, and trans people’s sexual health and rights in the region of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA).
ECOM mission is to create favorable conditions to ensure that men who have sexual relations with other men and transgender people have access to services in the field of sexual and reproductive health, mainly to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support, based on respect for their human rights.
One of ECOM targets is to support meaningful engagement of LGBT community representatives in monitoring and decision making related to the Global Fund processes and National AIDS programs/strategies in the region. With support from M.Pact and the Global Fund, ECOM realizes a project “Strengthening Capacities of the KPs Networks” which cover three countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Moldova.
Under the project, national key populations networks improve its own capacity of the meaningful engagement, support local activists and community representatives those participating in national and local coordination mechanisms, particularly in Country Coordination Mechanisms and other national coordinating structures for oversight of national AIDS program and projects supported by the Global Fund.
Description of Service required and Timelines
ECOM is seeking expert assistance to collect and describe in the easy-to-use form the information on the meaningful engagement of LGBT community representatives in monitoring and decision-making processes related to the Global Fund grants and the execution of National AIDS programs/strategies in EECA.
All work has to be finalized by March 10th, 2020.
ECOM plans to develop and publish the overview of the LGBT community engagement in the Global Fund processes, which will include three parts:
- Description of the main changes happened in the Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Moldova in terms of the LGBT community engagement,
- Interviews with key activists representing LGBT community in the processes related to the Global Fund grants,
- Description of the most effective approaches and practices of key communities engagement (participation in CCM and other national and local coordinating structures, cooperation with the key stakeholders in the implementation of national projects and strategies, and the development of community based monitoring), and recommendations to LGBT community for making their engagement more effective.
The first two parts of the overview are already developed.
Using the already developed by ECOM information (the interviews with key community advocates and the description of the main changes in the community representation), consultant has to develop the third part of the publication and edit all three parts for making them similar in terms of style.
The third part has to be from 2500 to 3000 words long.
- Proven by examples the experience in writing educational materials, articles, brochures, and reports. An applicant has to provide at least three materials where she/he is the main author. At least three corresponding materials, developed in the last three years, have to be sent as attached to application documents in Word or PDF with a description of where and when each material was developed and published.
- Good knowledge of Russian and English languages. Knowledge of national languages (Kazakh, Kyrgyz, and Romanian) is an asset.
- Good understanding of the Global Fund strategy related to the LGBT communities engagement. It has to be justified by providing a separate paragraph in the Cover Letter where an applicant has to express her/his vision of the Global Fund priorities, strategy, and main actions related to the LGBT communities engagement.
- Good understanding of the specificity of HIV prevention and care in the EECA region. It can be proven by the story of participation in the work of LGBT and/or HIV-service NGO in the region.
ECOM will consider applications from individuals only. Interested people must submit their applications by email referenced under the title “Community Engagement M.Pact” at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: February 07, 2020 at 18:00 EET.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter outlining experience in conducting similar work along with CV.
- Brief proposal (1 page max.) explaining the main stages of work and providing a calculation of budget.
For more information, prospective consultants may contact Gennady Roshchupkin at email@example.com