DEVELOPMENT OF A TRAINING MANUAL FOR CIVIL SOCIETY ACTIVISTS ON MEANINGFUL INVOLVEMENT WITH UN TREATY BODIES, AND THEIR APPLICABILITY TO HIV AND SOGI RELATED ISSUES
The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) is an association of organizations, groups and activists in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA), advocating for improved access of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender people to evidence-based and human rights oriented services in the field of sexual and reproductive health, including HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
ECOM unites the efforts of all stakeholders at cross-country level in Eastern Europe and Central Asia to create favorable conditions for all gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men and all trans people to have access to evidence-based and human rights-oriented health services, including HIV prevention and treatment.
One of the ECOM objectives is to strengthen enabling environments for HIV services for MSM and trans people, through fighting stigma and discrimination, promoting and protecting human rights, and removing legal and policy barriers.
Since 2019 ECOM is implementing activities within the regional #SoS_project with the aim to alleviate the most important human rights and gender barriers for access to HIV prevention and care service, in particularly for gay men and trans people in EECA countries.
With the financial support of UNAIDS, ECOM is seeking a consultant to develop a Training Manual for civil society activists on meaningful involvement with UN Treaty Bodies, and their applicability for HIV and SOGI related issues.
TASKS FOR CONSULTANT:
- To develop a Training manual for civil society activists from EECA region on the meaningful involvement with the UN Treaty Bodies, with emphasis on its applicability for HIV and SOGI-related issues in Russian or English no more than 30 pages;
- Prepare presentations and handout materials for trainings in Russian or English, respectively.
The work should be started no later than November 15, 2019 and completed by December 15, 2019.
The first draft of the training module in Russian or English should be prepared and sent to ECOM no later than December 1, 2019.
Comments on the 1st draft will be provided within 5 working days by the representatives of ECOM secretariat.
The report on the work performed should be prepared and sent to ECOM no later than 5 working days after the end of the contract.
SPECIFIC TASKS FOR CONSULTANT
- Training manual for civil society activists from EECA region on the meaningful involvement with the UN Treaty Bodies, with emphasis on its applicability for HIV and SOGI-related issues in Russian or English is prepared.
- Presentations (Power Point) for each training lesson are prepared.
- Accompanying training materials (handouts) are archived (zip).
- Consultant report: 1 – 2 pages (А-4, Times New Roman, Font size 11) is prepared.
The main contact person for the contractor will be ECOM’s Human Rights and Legal Issues Coordinator. Contact e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. He will also conduct monitoring and make final assessment of work.
REWARD AND COMPENSATION
A service contract will be signed between the consultant and the EСOM, according to which ECOM will not be liable for the payment of any taxes by the consultant. The consultant does all the necessary taxes and other payments by the law of the country of their residence.
Period for performance should not exceed 6 working days.
REQUIREMENTS TO THE CONSULTANT:
- Practical experience in involvement with UN Treaty Bodies in one of the EECA countries;
- Experience in developing training manuals within the last five years;
- Good skills in the preparation and conducting trainings on topics related to HIV and/or SOGI;
- Good command skills of English or Russian;
- Work experience with NGOs, working in the field of HIV and/or SOGI-related issues in one of the countries of EECA region;
- Master Degree in Law, Human Rights, International Relations, Public Health or other relevant field.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send applications to: email@example.com with the letterhead “ECOM Training Manual on UN Treaty Bodies”
Deadline for submission: November 12, 2019 at 23:59 EET.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Information about the company or CV for individuals;
- A short proposal with a timeline and budget (US dollars);
- Examples of previously developed training modules (links or attached documents).
Applications may include:
- Suggestions on the concept of the proposed module.
We will only contact the selected candidates included in the shortlist.
Sent materials are not refundable.