The Programs Officer facilitates, supports and manages effective development and implementation of ECOM’s projects aimed at strengthening the HIV response among gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) and trans* people in EECA.
The Programs Officer reports to the Executive Director.
- Management of ECOM’s project on pre-exposure prophylaxis among gay men and other MSM, and trans* people in EECA;
- Management of ECOM’s study on HIV risk assessment of migrants in Estonia;
- Preparation of narrative reports to donors;
- Provision of technical support to ECOM partners on relevant topics;
- Other tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- University degree; preferably medicine, health or social science
- Extensive past experience in public health / social sciences equivalent of 5 years of working on regional and international level in related positions;
- Deep understanding of issues related to HIV and health of gay men and trans* people in Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
- Experience in writing reports and articles;
- Good English language speaking and writing skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Languages: Russian (proficient), English (very good);
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Strong writing skills.
Workload: Part-time (50%)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications with a reference ‘Programs Officer’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application should include:
- A motivation letter outlining experience, salary requirements and contact details of at least two references
Deadline for submission: 13 September 2020 at 23:59 Tallinn time.
Thank you for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ECOM complies with EU data protection legislation in relation to any personal data shared under this announcement. An applicant is invited to get acquainted with ECOM’s Privacy Notice (https://ecom.ngo/en/privacy-policy), that explains how personal data is collected, used and shared, and what are the applicant’s rights in respect of personal data.