Terms of Reference for the consultant
CONDUCTION OF TRAINING FOR TRAINERS WORKING WITH PUBLIC EMPLOYEES ON REDUCING STIGMA AND DISCRIMINATION AGAINST GAY MEN, OTHER MSM AND TRANS* PEOPLE
The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) is an association of organizations, groups and activists in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA), advocating for improved access of men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgender people (TG) to evidence-based and human rights oriented services in the field of sexual and reproductive health, including HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
ECOM unites the efforts of all stakeholders at cross-country level in Eastern Europe and Central Asia to create favorable conditions for all gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men and all trans* people to have access to evidence-based and human rights-oriented health services, including HIV prevention and treatment.
You can find more information about ECOM at our website www.ecom.ngo
Since 2017 ECOM implements the Regional Program “Right to Health”.
The goal of the program is to contribute to an increased uptake and retention across the continuum of HIV care for MSM and trans* people in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
One of the objectives of the regional program is to strengthen enabling environments for HIV services for MSM and trans* people, through fighting stigma and discrimination, promoting and protecting human rights, and removing legal and policy barriers.
Within this objective, it is planned to train public employees on human rights issues. ECOM has created the training module on reducing stigma and discrimination against gay men, other MSM and trans* people imparted by public employees, including officials, health care workers, law enforcement, etc.
Based on this training module ECOM is going to conduct regional training of trainers (TOT) to prepare national-level trainers in March 2018.
TASKS FOR CONSULTANT:
- Conduction of 3-day Training for Trainers, in cooperation with 3 other trainers, for 20 participants, working with public employees on reducing stigma and discrimination against gay men, other MSM and trans* people in EECA region in English or Russian.
- Prepare presentations and handout materials for training in Russian or English, respectively, based on developed training module.
It is planned to invite two involved trainers. ECOM Secretariat representatives will serve as co-trainers.
The tasks will be carried out by the consultant in close cooperation with the
ECOM’s Human Rights and Legal Issues Officer, Yuri Yoursky and Program Director, Elena German.
TIME FRAME OF WORK
The training is scheduled for the second half of March 2018, the exact dates will be announced later.
The report on the work performed should be prepared and sent to ECOM no later than 5 working days after the end of the contract.
SPECIFIC TASKS FOR CONSULTANT
- Training for Trainers working public employees on reducing stigma and discrimination against gay men, other MSM and trans* people in EECA region in English or Russian, is conducted.
- Presentations (PowerPoint) for each training session are prepared.
- Accompanying training materials (presentations, handouts) are archived (zip).
- Report on the conducted training is prepared, taking into account the processing of pre- and post-training questionnaires (the form is provided by ECOM).
- Consultant report: 1 – 2 pages (А-4, Times New Roman, Font size 11) is prepared.
The main contact person for the contractor will be ECOM’s Human Rights and Legal Issues Officer. Contact e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. He will also conduct monitoring and make the final assessment of work.
REWARD AND COMPENSATION
A service contract will be signed between the consultant and the EСOM, according to which ECOM will not be liable for the payment of any taxes by the consultant. The consultant does all the necessary taxes and other payments by the law of the country of his/her/their residence.
The period for performance should not exceed 4 days.
REQUIREMENTS TO THE CONSULTANT:
- Experience in conducting training on stigma and discrimination
- Experience in conducting ToT during the last three years
- Good command skills of English and/or Russian
- Work experience with NGOs, working in the field of LGBT, HIV and/or sexual health
- Relevant education
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send applications to email@example.com with the letterhead “ECOM Training for Trainers 2018”
Deadline for submission: February 2, 2018, at 23:59 EET.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- Information about company background or CV for individuals;
- Motivation letter (in the letter, describe at least two previously held relevant trainings. Links to articles about events and photos will be an advantage)
- Contact of at least two persons who can recommend you
- Your daily rate
Application materials are non-returnable. Thank you for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.