ECOM is looking for Advocacy Coordinator who will manage implementation of ECOM’s advocacy strategy, in particular advocacy for sustainability of the response to HIV epidemic among trans* people
Advocacy for sustainability of the response to HIV epidemic among trans* people
- Develop and implement ECOM’s strategy and actions for sustainability of the response to HIV epidemic among trans* people, incl. increased involvement of trans* community in the HIV response;
- Coordinate ECOM’s work on strengthening capacity and leadership of trans* community for involvement in the HIV response;
- Support the EECA Regional Working Group of Trans* People on Sexual Health and HIV;
- Manage sub-recipients in relevant projects;
- Coordinate ECOM’s participation in relevant international initiatives and alliances;
- Prepare reports, analytical papers, reviews and briefing notes, position statements on HIV, sexual health, human rights of trans* people in EECA.
- Contribute to development and implementation of ECOM’s overall advocacy strategy incl. advocacy campaigns and initiatives;
- Support participation of ECOM in regional and global policy and advocacy initiatives;
- Participate in preparation of advocacy documents, analytical papers, reviews and briefing notes.
- In cooperation with ECOM’s Communications Coordinator:
- Develop advocacy and information campaigns and actions/events;
- Prepare data, information, other related materials for advocacy and information campaigns and events.
- Strengthen connections with ECOM members, together with Communications Coordinator;
- Participate in development and implementation of research;
- Prepare donor reports;
- Performs other duties within the general scope of work, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- University degree;
- 5 years of working experience in HIV and sexual health including in countries other than one’s own;
- Deep understanding of issues related to HIV, health and human rights of trans* people in Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
- Deep understanding of issues related to HIV, health and human rights of gay men and other MSM in Eastern Europe and Central Asia;
- Good understanding of regional and global health and HIV architecture;
- Good knowledge of regional and international policies and documents related to HIV, sexual health, human rights, and other relevant issues;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and implementing HIV/public health advocacy plans and actions;
- Experience in working with media and campaigning is an asset.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Languages: Russian (proficient), English (very good);
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Strong writing skills.
Location: anywhere, no relocation to Tallinn
Starting: 1 August 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications with a reference ‘Advocacy coordinator’ to: email@example.com
Application should include:
- A motivation letter outlining experience, salary requirements and contact details of at least two references
ECOM is an equal opportunity employer. Members of trans* community are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for submission: 12 July 2020 at 23:59 Tallinn time.
Thank you for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.