ECOM — Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity (ECOM) is a regional association advocating for improved access of gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) and trans* people to evidence-based and human rights oriented services in sexual health, including HIV, in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA)
ECOM is looking for LGBT Health Coordinator who will manage ECOM’s approach to address HIV- and health-related needs of gay men and other MSM, and trans* people in EECA.
Policy and Advocacy
- Identification of ECOM’s priorities in addressing HIV-related community needs in EECA;
- Development and implementation of ECOM health-related advocacy initiatives;
- Participation in relevant international advocacy initiatives, conferences, and other events.
Situation and Needs Assessment
- Assessment of situation and needs of ECOM’s members related to working on HIV and health issues;
- Assessment of HIV-related needs of gay men and MSM; contribution to assessment of HIV-related needs of trans* people in EECA, together with Advocacy Coordinator;
- Documentation and sharing of best practices in HIV and health response among MSM and trans* people in EECA.
Capacity Building, Information and Awareness Raising
- Technical support to ECOM subrecipients and partners on relevant issues;
- Monitoring and analysis of news, best practices, and scientific data and findings on HIV and health for MSM and trans people, particularly in EECA;
- Development of technical resources, documents and publications to inform technical support and advocacy.
- Building and maintaining ECOM’s relations with partners and donors;
- Participating in ECOM’s fundraising;
- Other relevant tasks as required.
- Extensive experience in public health / social sciences equivalent of 5 years of working on regional and international level in related positions;
- Deep understanding of health-related needs of gay men and other MSM, and trans* people in EECA.
- Strong experience in providing technical support on health-related issues, including in developing and conducting trainings;
- Experience in preparing reports, articles;
- Excellent Russian and English language speaking and writing skills.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Organizational and coordination skills;
- Team work and high interpersonal skills.
Position is open until the end of the year.
Location: anywhere, no relocation to Estonia
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications with a reference ‘LGBT Health Coordinator’ to: email@example.com
Application should include CV and a motivation letter with salary requirements and contact details of two references.
Deadline for submission: 4 April 2021 at 23:59 Tallinn time.
Thank you for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.