The Eurasian Coalition on Male Health (ECOM) organized the 3rd Regional Consultation on HIV among MSM and Trans*People in Eastern Europe and Central Asia was held in 18-19 November, 2019 in Tallinn, Estonia.
The overall goal of the 3rd Regional Consultation is to develop multi-stakeholder approaches for acceleration of national and regional responses to the HIV epidemic among MSM and trans* people in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Objectives of the 3rd Regional Consultation:
- To take stock of the current status of regional response to HIV epidemic among MSM and trans* people and community engagement in EECA
- To discuss accessibility of funds and scope of HIV programs among MSM and trans* people in EECA
- To present changes in legislative environment and best legislative and regulatory practices related to SOGI and HIV in EECA
- To agree on roadmaps to accelerate and sustain national and regional responses to the HIV epidemic among MSM and trans* people in EECA
The key identified topics of the Consultation are:
- Achievements, best practices and lessons learnt in the HIV response;
- Community participation in the design and implementation of national health and human rights policies;
- Domestic funding: today and tomorrow. Accessibility of state funding and sustainability issues of HIV programs targeting MSM and trans* people;
- Strategic information. Differences in approaches and data quality in sub-regions;
- HIV services: standards, accessibility, services cascade, country experiences in provision;
- Health and rights issues of trans* community;
- Legal environment related to access to HIV services for MSM and trans* people in EECA;
- Stigma and discrimination. Human rights protection mechanisms and tools in EECA in 2017-2019;
- New challenges and approaches in community work (chemsex, PrEP, U=U, etc.).
Contact e-mail: email@example.com