Since 2017 ECOM implements the Regional Program “Right to Health”. The goal of the program is to contribute to an increased uptake and retention across the continuum of HIV care for MSM and trans people in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
One of the objectives of the regional program is to strengthen enabling environments for HIV services for MSM and trans people, through fighting stigma and discrimination, promoting and protecting human rights, and removing legal and policy barriers.
Within this objective ECOM provides activist in EECA region with knowledge on the interrelated work of international and national mechanisms for the protection and promotion of the right to health and protection against discrimination.
In 2018, ECOM created Manual on Monitoring and Documentation of LGBTQ Human Rights Violations and now invites activists from EECA region (Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan and Macedonia) to take part in the Rights Sensitization Training 2019, where the Manual will be introduced and participants will be provided with skills on monitoring and documenting of human rights violation of LGBTQ people in EECA.
The training will take place on April 9-11, 2019 in Yerevan, Armenia.
Participants, who meet the following criteria, are invited to participate:
- have volunteer experience with human rights NGOs at least 1 year;
- have not previously attended ECOM’s Rights Sensitization Training before;
- are from Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan or Macedonia;
- direct cooperation (or involvement) in the work of the ECOM partner organizations implementing the regional program “Right to Health” in the above mentioned countries is preferred;
- fluency in English is required, as all training will be delivered in English only.
The selection of the participants will be conducted on a competitive basis, therefore both specialists of the national implementers of the “Right to Health” program, as well as other employees of sub-recipient organizations, as well as volunteers of NGO have the same chances to be selected.
To participate in the training it is necessary to fill out the questionnaire in English by clicking on the link https://ru.surveymonkey.com/r/MHWLR7Y.
The deadline for completing the questionnaire is February 18, 2019.