2nd Regional Consultation was aimed at analyzing the key existing challenges in the response to HIV epidemic among MSM and trans* people, finding the most effective approaches to deal with such challenges and, finally, at strengthening the regional response to the epidemic.
Following the Consultation, recommendations were developed on how to strengthen the response to HIV epidemic among MSM and trans* people in the EECA countries.
The recommendations prepared based on the suggestions of speakers and participants of the Consultation are addressed to all the stakeholders, including governments, civil society organizations, international agencies and donors and are structured based on the key areas of the response to HIV epidemic among MSM and trans* people in the EECA region, in particular:
- Strengthening the role of MSM and trans* people in decision-making processes and their participation in implementing the national response to HIV;
- Funding and sustainability of services;
- Human rights and inclusive environment;
- HIV and sexual health of MSM and trans* people;
- Standardized services for MSM and trans* people;
- Innovative approaches to the HIV response;
- Community mobilization and capacity building.
The recommendations are addressed to the following countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.