ECOM — Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity (ECOM) is soliciting proposals from individual consultants to perform review of Sub-Recipients’ financial reports in a timely and accurate manner.
ECOM is an international non-governmental association, located in Tallinn, Estonia. We are a membership based association open for non-profits and individuals acting in the field of sexual health, including HIV issues, for gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) and trans people, in the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA).
Description of Services required
The overall role of the Grants Consultant is to ensure management of Grant Programs and contribute to overall program effectiveness and efficiency. Grants Consultant reports directly to and works closely with the Financial Manager.
- Manage grant cycle including checking of work plans and budgets for consistency with overall program goals and objectives, alignment with donor’s technical and spending requirements, feasibility, and cost-effectiveness; preparation of sub-grant agreements, check and verify Sub-Recipients expenses, approve financial reports
- Review financial reports of sub-recipients for the consistency with budget, donors’ requirement and accounting principles
- Review and approve of disbursement requests
- Facilitate regular communication with Sub-Recipients, maintain cooperative partnerships between ECOM and Sub-Recipients and other stakeholders
- Maintain the system of a database of Sub-Recipients, including a tracking system that provides frequent updates on fund-flows, reporting requirements, audits, contract deliverables and budget revisions
- Assist the Financial Manager in the preparation and writing of progress and final reports and other documents as requested
- Provide when requested financial and administrative oversight to Sub-Recipients;
- Ensure that sub-recipients meet to all grant requirements including technical and spending requirements
- Perform other relevant duties, as required.
Budget allocation will cover the costs in the period between 1 June and 31 December 2022, maximum 5 working days per month (one working day - 8 working hours).
- Minimum B.A. in Finance/Economics/Management/Accounting
- At least 2 years of overall professional experience
- Experience in managing grants
- Experience in planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues
Skills and Competencies
- Good knowledge of accounting principles
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Office applications
- Strong communication skills
- Effective command skills in Russian and English
Consultant(s) with a proposal that demonstrates experience of grant management and competitive rate will be selected.
Applications must be submitted by email with a reference ‘Grants Consultant 2022‘ at email@example.com.
Deadline for submission: 21 June 2022 at 23:59 EET.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter outlining experience in conducting similar work along with brief proposal outlining budget (daily rate: one working day – 8 working hours )
Thank you for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information, prospective consultants may contact Olga Chemiia, ECOM Financial Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.