ECOM — Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity, is an international membership-based association open to non-profit organizations and activists involved in the response to HIV epidemics among gay men and other men who have sex with men, and trans* people in Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
Our mission is to support the development of national LGBT+ communities and their activism, promote human rights, and to protect the health and social well-being of gender- and sexually diverse people.
Our headquarters are located in Tallinn, Estonia, while the staff is based in different countries of Europe and Central Asia.
What are the main job functions?
The Administration Officer provides administrative support and contributes to smooth running of operations of the organization.
By joining ECOM you:
- become a part of the growing team who is the agent of change in the region;
- get a chance to learn from the regional organization how to support remote team;
- engage with local (Estonian) contractors and suppliers;
- develop your organizational skills.
The Administration Officer works under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Lead, and closely collaborates with the entire ECOM team.
What are the main areas of your responsibilities?
- Maintain contact with the IT support provider
- Procure necessary equipment, furniture, office supplies and stationery based on the needs of ECOM’s staff
- Keep the inventory list of equipment and furniture
- Communicate with vendors providing operations support to ECOM including phone and internet, office supplies, office cleaning, travel, taxi, etc.
- Prepare various documents related to operations and office management
- Check the firstname.lastname@example.org email box on administrative and financial emails
Budget Control and Payments:
- Prepare payments for the Management Team and Finance Team of ECOM, and communicate with Accounting Service Provider on payment matters
- Control the deadlines of regular payments for operations and office administration
- Manage and control the budget for operations and office administration
- Manage and approve travel and accommodation booking for ECOM’s staff through travel management company TravelPerk
- Communicate with TravelPerk, ensure timely payments
- Request, collect, and store boarding passes of ECOM’s staff after business trips
- Prepare the annual ECOM’s Vacation Schedule
- Prepare and keep updated records in ECOM’s Staff Vacation Planner
- Inform ECOM’s staff about public and office holidays
- Collect timesheets from Estonia-based employees
- Take part in preparation of financial reports and audits
- Undertake other related tasks within the general scope as identified by the Finance and Administration Lead
- At least two years of professional experience in office management, operations, administration
- Previous experience in administrating remote team
- Practical experience in planning and organizing the remote office work
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of organizing and supporting team work
- Self-organized with executing tasks and meeting deadlines
- Strong Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Office applications
- Strong communication skills
- Estonian speaking preferably
- Excellent Russian and English language speaking and writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork and high interpersonal skills.
The position is open to anyone with no reallocation to Estonia.
The position might require occasional work travels in the region of Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
The Position is open until the end of the 2023 year with the possibility of an extension. Three months trial period applies to the selected candidate.
Monthly salary (GROSS): approx. EUR 750
Workload: part-time 50%, 20 hours per week.
Location: anywhere, no relocation to Estonia.
Starting: May 16, 2023.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications in English or Russian with a subject ‘Administration Officer’ to email@example.com
The application should include:
- Motivation letter and contact details of two references
Deadline for submission: 7 May 2023 at 23:59 Tallinn time.
24 April 2023: Call for candidates
7 May 2023: Deadline for applications
8 May 2023: Shortlisted candidates are sent the written task
10 May 2023: Deadline for the written task
11-12 May 2023: Interviews with shortlisted candidates
15 May 2023: Offer is made
16 May 2023: Successful candidate takes up position (if notice period allows)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.