CALL FOR PROPOSALS
ECOM — Eurasian Coalition on Health, Rights, Gender and Sexual Diversity (ECOM) is a regional association advocating for improved access of gay men and other men who have sex with men (MSM) and trans* people to evidence-based and human rights oriented services in sexual health, including HIV, in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA).
ECOM unites the efforts of all stakeholders at cross-country level in Eastern Europe and Central Asia to create favorable conditions for all gay, bisexual and other men who have sex with men and all trans* people to have access to evidence-based and human rights-oriented health services, including HIV prevention and treatment.
ECOM is seeking the services of a consultant in the development and execution of a communication strategy including constituency outreach, and external and internal communications, communication in social networks.
Scope of work
One of the main parts in developing a strategy is building internal communication (between ECOM Members, Steering Committee and Secretariat) and external (with NGOs and CBOs, Key Populations including youth, other stakeholders, and multi-stakeholder groups).
Major component of the communication strategy will include a website and increased social media presence. The website and social media’s main functions will be to raise awareness and showcase ECOM news, events, opportunities, papers, constituency communique and advocacy work to our broad constituency and stakeholder groups.
The Consultant will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
1. Create and help to implement a communications and outreach strategy.
2. Conduct a communications audit (rapid assessment) of current communications and brand identity.
3. Together with the ECOM Secretariat to identify goals and objectives and key milestones for the communications plan.
4. Compile and curate a list of key stakeholders for outreach purposes and develop communication mechanisms.
5. Develop a social media strategy and plan for social media to support the launch.
6. Analyze ECOM web site and ECOM social networks account and make recommendations of its improvement.
Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in communications (including development communications), marketing, journalism, media, sustainable development, public policy, business or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications strategy development, preferably for NGOs.
- Experience in social media management and social media content creation is required (ideally in an international development setting).
- Experience in web management is an asset (ideally in an international development setting).
- Highly proficiency in related communication tools.
- Fluency in written and spoken in Russian or English.
Remuneration and Compensation
Amount of remuneration is a matter of negotiation between ECOM and consultant(s) before signing the agreement.
ECOM will sign a consultancy agreement with consultant(s). ECOM is not taking any responsibilities for paying any taxes for consultant(s).
Proposals must be submitted by email with a reference ‘Communication Strategy‘ at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your proposal should include the following (in a single PDF):
- Financial proposal, including a costed work plan and budget breakdown and total amount in USD;
- Timeline and work plan outlining steps, key milestones and timeline for completion (to be reviewed and refined together when Consultant is selected);
- References who can attest to previous communications work.
Deadline for submission: August, 12 2021 at 23:59 EET.
Thank you for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information, prospective consultants may contact Alexandr Paluyan, ECOM Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com