The war in Ukraine has been going on for three months.
ECOM continues to support our members and partners from Ukraine, as well as community representatives and Ukrainians who need it.
What we managed to do during this time:
- We assessed the needs of ECOM members from Ukraine, processed 21 requests from ECOM members, and were able to support requests for humanitarian assistance and funds for urgent implementation within the country.
- Supported two requests for the organization of temporary shelters for the communities of gay and trans* people in Ukraine.
- We have developed a system for providing individual humanitarian assistance to all community members from Ukraine. To date, 120 requests for humanitarian assistance have been processed.
85% of the requests related to covering the costs of food, 58% — for hygiene products, 53% — for medicines or contacting health services, 46% — for temporary housing and 42% — for clothing. Many requests included several items at once.
We have already satisfied 71 requests for a total amount of 213 228 UAH.
- We also provided information assistance to 34 people about possible shelters for LGBT people, both within the country and abroad.
- The chatbot continues to work, where psychological support is provided for LGBT people from Ukraine. During this time, 127 psychological and informational consultations have already been provided through the bot. The bot works in the telegram on the nickname @ecomwork_bot.